Hello everyone, as the temperature in most areas continues to drop, most players want to put Waydoo efoil away. How to maintain and store it during this time?
Proper maintenance and storage of your efoil will extend the life of the efoil and reduce the possibility of failure. Next, the editor will send you a maintenance guide.
Tips: Before maintenance and storage, please turn off the power of remote, battery and other devices.
Part 1: Battery maintenance
Please turn off the battery power before removing the battery from the efoil. Do not plug or unplug the battery when the battery is turned on, or electric sparks or arcs may occur, which may cause danger or damage the battery/mast interface in specific scenarios.
First, check whether the battery shell is damaged or deformed. If the appearance is normal, please clean the battery, use fresh water to rinse the appearance of the battery.For the battery DC and communication port, use a cotton swab dipped in a little alcohol to clean the corrosives. Clean and maintain the battery port in time to avoid corrosion of metal shrapnel, thus affecting contact stability. For some versions of batteries, the metal shrapnel of the DC port can be replaced.After hosing, wipe the battery with a dry towel and keep it in an open space under a dry and shade environment to remove the remaining water. Then put the battery in a fireproof bag or battery safety container and keep it in an open space under a dry and shade environment.
Battery storage environment and maintenance
Before daily use and storage of the battery, please carefully and completely read the instructions of the battery warning sticker.
After cleaning, if long-term storage (more than 1 month) is required, the storage environment needs to meet the following conditions:
a.Care should be taken to keep the storage environment dry, clean and not crowded, avoid contact with flammable items. Do not expose the battery in direct sunlight or to high temperature from heating appliances.
b.Store the battery in a cool, dry and safe area away from direct sunlight, so that the battery can be effectively protected from damage for a long time.
c.In a relatively humid place, special attention should be paid to moisture-proof measures.
d.The storage temperature should be from 0°C to 40°C (32℉~104℉)
e.When the battery is stored for a long time (over 1 month), it is recommended to charge the battery every 3 months, when the battery is low, the battery should be recharged once to maintain battery activity, short press the power button to ensure that the battery power capacity is at two-three bars, or maintain the power at 40%-60%. In this way, the battery can be effectively protected from damage for a long time.
Part 2: Fast-Charger maintenance and storage
- Disconnect the battery and charging cable, and disconnect the AC power cord.
- Check the battery charging cable interface, including whether the metal pin of the adapter is oxidized and blackened, and use a cotton swab dipped in a little alcohol to clean the pin.
- Check if there are any defects such as damage or disconnection on the charging cable of the charger, if any, please replace it in time.
- Use a clean dry towel to wipe and clean the charger casing, especially the fan metal cover behind the charger. If the fan blades are dusty, the fan blades can be cleaned with a soft brush.
- Please ensure that the charger is stored in a dry place without direct sunlight.
Part 3: Maintenance of other parts such as board, mast and remote
Since efoil is used in sea water and lakes, it is recommended that you rinse it with fresh water after each use.
Please turn off the battery power before removing the mast from the efoil. Do not plug or unplug the mast when the battery is turned on, or electric sparks or arcs may occur, which may cause danger or damage the battery/mast interface in specific scenarios.
- Rinse the board with fresh water for about 1 minute, and clean the battery compartment and mast mounting hub and other parts to ensure that there is no salt, sand or other debris remaining. Then wipe it dry with a dry towel and keep it in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
- A square magnet is placed in the battery installation area of the board, this magnet activates the on/off switch inside the battery case when the battery is placed and removed. Gently peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery area, and check if the square magnet is corroded. If it is corroded, it will affect the power on function of the battery. It is recommended to replace the magnet.
- To clean the mast, please flush the mast body with fresh water for about 1 minute to ensure that there is no seawater residue on the body to prevent corrosion.
- Please rinse the mast head to ensure that the mast head is clean and free of debris, please rinse and clean the DC port of mast with fresh water.
- Please clean the mast fairing, motor shroud, propeller protective cover, and propeller with fresh water. Make sure to remove any salt, sand or other debris. Do routine maintenance to extend the corrosion resistance and service life of the product.
- Clean the remote, please pay attention to the trigger. If you find that there is a jam when pulling the trigger, check whether there is any gravel in the trigger. If so, rinse the gravel out with clean water.
After cleaning, wait for the moisture of all parts to dry before putting the parts back into the package.
When storing the eFoil, avoid direct sunlight, ultraviolet rays and high temperatures will cause permanent damage to the product.
To ensure safety during storage, make sure to turn off the remote and battery. When storing or charging the battery, please store the battery in the safety container, and keep it in an open space under dry and shade environment.
Regularly check the status of all components (remote, battery, mast head, etc.) and power kit and control system to ensure that there is no damage. According to the above steps and instructions, regular cleaning and maintenance of the efoil will extend the using life of the product.
If there is any faults in the efoil, please STOP using and contact Waydoo After-sales Support Team.