Waydoo Flyer One
12.6KG for the EPP board only. And around 35KG with everything put together.
1. Assemble the mast: Turn the EPP Board over to insert the Mast & Power and then assemble vertically into the board installation port. After inserting the mast-head into the hub, make sure it fits and aligns with the L-shaped bolts, and then tighten.
2. Attach the Tail Wing on the tail-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*15 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
3. Put the Main Wing on the front-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*24 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
4. Flip over the EPP Board and proceed to the next step.
5. Installing the PowerFlight Cell: Position the battery compartment upward and reset both Rotary Locks. Then insert the PowerFlight Cell into the battery compartment. Turn both Rotary Locks 180-degree to securely lock the battery in place.
6. Connect the controller (follow the pairing process)
You've successfully turn the battery and the remote ON. Now it comes to paring:
1) battery: short press + long press the Bluetooth button of the battery to change it into paring mode.
2) remote: press and hold the power button and the speed minus button (-) to activate Bluetooth paring function.
If the battery and remote are paired successfully, you will see the icon of Bluetooth disappear on your remote's screen and the propeller will spin if you gently pull the trigger.
By the way, you will need to complete the paring within 1 min after the battery is turned on, otherwise the battery will turn off automatically.
Please check the spinning of the propeller by your hand when the whole product is TURNED OFF, and see if the spinning is smooth and in good order, or whether there is anything stuck there.
Then check the speed setting mode of your remote. Press the "+" and the "-" buttons to enter the Menu screen. Use "+" and "-" to scroll up and down, and the power button to confirm. Enter the "Mode" setting and see if the limited speed mode is on. Change the setting as you want.
If the problem is still not solved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
Regularly check the waterproof components (such as the controller, the battery, and the mast head) for damage and the status of each module of the power system and control system.
1. After using the product, turn off the remote/controller and battery.
2. To clean the Power Assembly & Wing Set, align the water inlet of the motor mount with a freshwater pipe, and clean the motor mount for approx. 30 seconds to ensure that the motor mount is clean and free of debris. Next, clean the motor shroud, propeller, and propeller guard. Afterward, clean the mast plug. Make sure to remove any salt, sand, or other debris that is found. Finally, clean the mast.
3. Clean the board, battery mounting position, and the mast mounting base and other parts with fresh water to ensure that there is no salt, sand, or other debris remaining. Wipe with a dry towel and let it sit in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
4. Clean the battery, battery integrated ports, and buttons with fresh water. Use a dry towel and let it stand in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
5. Clean the remote control. Pay special attention to the location of the remote control trigger. If you find that there is a jam when pulling the trigger, check whether there is any sand in the trigger. If so, rinse the sand out with clean water.
6. After cleaning, wait for the moisture of all parts to dry before putting the parts back into the package.
7. When storing this product, avoid direct sunlight. Ultraviolet rays and high temperatures will cause permanent damage to the product.
8. To ensure safety, make sure to turn off the remote control and battery when transporting this product.
1. This product uses magnetic charging to reduce friction between terminals.
2. When the charging cable connector is closed to the charging port of the remote/controller, the
charging connector automatically connects in order to charge. The charging time is 3 hours.
Step1: Press ‘+’ and ‘-’ at the same time; Enter Menu Surface (Power button- confirm; ‘+’
& ’-’ scroll up and down)
Step2: Confirm ‘Mode’ option
Step3: Confirm ‘Speed Limit’ option
Step4: Press ‘+’ or ‘-’ to switch the SL mode to ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’; then confirm.
Step5: Choose ‘return’ option; then confirm, until you quit the Menu surface. ‘K’ on the screen means the speed limit mode is ON. Use the same method to go back to Settings; turn the SL mode ON or OFF
If your remote is not paired to the board/battery, showing "NA" is normal. They have not connected therefore there is no speed readout. If your remote is paired but showing "NA" (no speed readout).
It's because the GPS signal is weak at the current spot, it may resume if you move to a spot with a better signal.
“Err.1” = Angle sensor initialization failed.
“Err.2” =SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 3” = Angle sensor and SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 4” = GPS failed.
“Err. 7” = Angle sensor initialization, SPI Flash initialization, and GPS failed.
Immediately release the trigger of the remote control to stop the motor, turn off the remote control, lay on the board, and paddle back to land using your hands.
Turn on the remote control and check whether the Bluetooth icon is flashing. If it is flashing, restart the battery and pair again using Bluetooth. If the problem is still not resolved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
1. Unplug all the connectors and remove any debris from the charging ports, especially the battery.
2. Make sure the power supply is sufficient. Try with another power supply if necessary.
3. Firmly plug the charging cable into the battery and then place the battery facing upwards on the ground (so the weight of the battery will be put on the plug to keep it from getting loose).
4. Make sure all the connections are tight (the indicator light of the fast charger must be steady blue).
5. Short-press the Bluetooth button to activate the charging mode. (the indicator light of fast charger: blinking blue to blinking green)
6. Don't charge the battery right after use. (Always charge it when the battery has cooled down to avoid overheating).
It takes no longer than 2 hours for a full charge.
Up to 85 minutes.
When the battery runs down to 20%, the board's top middle light LED lightning will start flashing.
1. Keep the battery dry and clean. Store the battery in a place that is cool, dry, not crowded, and out of direct sunlight. Store the battery in 10 to 30 degrees Celsius or 50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For long-time storage (over 3 months), please keep the battery level at around 40%-60% (2 -3 blue indicator lights). (not full or flat)
3. Charge once every 3 months and store it again when the battery level reaches about 50%. This will help extend the life of your battery. Never run the battery until it's completely flat, and always be alert when/if the battery alarm comes on.
Solid Blue - Standby Mode
Blinking Blue - Connecting Mode
Blinking Green - Charging Mode
Solid Green - Fully Charged
Red - Protection Mode
Please check the magnet. There is a small magnet located under where the battery is positioned. This magnet activates the on/off switch inside the battery case when the battery is placed. On a small number of boards, the aluminum fitting was not flushed with the foam, creating a gap. This results in intermittent power loss while using the board.
Please follow these steps:
Step1: Peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery compartment
Step2: Pry up the magnet
Step3: Place a shim under the magnet
Step4: Re-adhere the sticker
1. Put the [new magnet] on the mast head. Its polarity will confirm the magnet’s side A and side B (side A face up).
2. Gently peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery area.
3. Take a slim blade and pry up the [old magnet].
4. Turn over the [new magnet]. Put it on the magnet seat with making side B face up. You can use any kind of glue to fix the new magnet (recommend resin glue, soft glue) Then Re-adhere the sticker.
5. Magnet replacement is done.
Check if the temperature of the battery is too high. If the temperature is too high, stop using it and wait for the battery to cool down before continuing to use it.
Check whether the battery level is too low. If the battery is too low, charge immediately. If the problem is still not solved, please stop using this battery and contact after-sales service in time.
First of all, check whether the fault indicator of the battery is on. If it is, please stop using this battery and contact the after-sales service to repair or replace the battery.
Next, check whether the charger indicator is flashing red. If the charger is in good condition, check whether the AC plug of the charger and the integrated battery port is properly connected. Tighten if they are loose.
Remove the orange O-ring from the battery port to make sure the connection is tight.
If the connection is normal, turn the charger over. Make sure the rocker switch of the electrical appliance is in the ON position and then the battery should be able to charge normally.
This indicates a potential short-circuit malfunction inside the battery. Please do not assemble this battery on the board anymore.
Flyer Upgrade Tools
“FlyerUpgradeTools” is an app that is developed by Waydoo and used for upgrading the firmwares of Waydoo Flyer devices. Upgrading firmwares can help solve certain device issues and improve user experience.
Please search “FlyerUpgradeTools” in Apple App Store (iOS) or on Google Play (Android).
Permissions that the app asks for during the installation process, such as the Bluetooth, Read& Write and Wireless Data, etc.
We recommend customers to always use the latest firmwares in order to have an enhanced user experience. The firmwares of the mast/foil and the remote controller should be updated together to make sure that they are using the SAME version of firmware.
For Apple device: Open the app, press “Request Data”, select the device, choose/input the time length of your log, then confirm and send the log to Waydoo with the default email setting in your device.
For Android device: Connect the mast, press the LOG button on the upgrade interface, select the time length of your log, upload and confirm to send it to the back end. You will need to mark down the file name and provide it to Waydoo.
Please check the app permission setting of “FlyerUpgradeTools” on the mobile device/phone, including but not limited to Bluetooth, Read&Write and Wireless Data (or Wi-Fi).
For Apple device users, please check the “Mail” setting.
For all connectivity problems, please update the controller and mast’s firmwares with the latest version of “FlyerUpgradeTools”. Then try to manually pair them again.
The Jet ONE controller has 2 types of screen -- 128mmx160mm and 240mmx240mm. Remotes with different screens require different firmware. Wrong version could cause the black-screen issue of a remote controller.
Usually the firmware upgrade app will auto-select the proper version for the remote. If your remote gets the wrong firmware, you can still fix this black-screen issue by re-upgrading its firmware.
Waydoo Re-upgrade a Black-Screen Remote: Learn more.
1. Make sure that your phone’s Bluetooth is ON and the app gets Bluetooth app permission.
2. Make sure that your mast/remote is powered on and NOT connected to any remotes/masts.
3. Make sure that other masts or remotes are turned off.
4. Re-open the app and click “Scan BLE Device” again.
Don’t mind it. Just click on the “Upgrade” button and continue the upgrade process.
You must have missed some steps. Please read the guide carefully or watch the tutorial videos (refer to Q5 & Q6). Then restart the whole process from the beginning.
No, you can’t. Even though this remote and the mast can get paired. The mast motor won’t respond to the signal from the remote. Please update the firmwares for both of the remote and the mast to the same version.
Probably firmware problem. Please refer Q14.
This is because you did not press ”+” on the remote within 15s after pressing “upgrade” on the app. Please restart the app, connect the remote to the app, and make sure you press the “+” button within 15s after you press “upgrade”.
(1) If the indicator light at the bottom of the remote controller is still flashing, you can restart the remote controller, reconnect the remote controller to the app, and start the upgrade.
(2) If the indicator light at the bottom of the remote controller does not flash, you can only wait until the battery is fully discharged and automatically turned off. Recharge the remote controller and resume the upgrade.
The latest firmware upgrade adds the function of battery upgrade. When the mast firmware upgrade has finished, the battery will automatically upgrade if it meets the conditions.
The battery’s firmware upgrade shares the same upgrade steps as the mast upgrade. Please follow the same procedure of mast upgrade to upgrade the battery.
When the battery begins the upgrade process, the app will note that battery is upgrading, and you can see that the battery indicator lights are flashing.
a) Adding Healthy Charging Mode: Continuously short press the battery’s power button four times during charging, it will stop charging when the battery power level reaches 80%.
b) Adding Healthy Discharging: the battery will slowly release electric power to 70% of SOC for safer storage.