Waydoo Flyer One
1. Assemble the mast: Turn the EPP Board over to insert the Mast & Power and then assemble vertically into the board installation port. After inserting the mast-head into the hub, make sure it fits and aligns with the L-shaped bolts, and then tighten.
2. Attach the Tail Wing on the tail-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*15 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
3. Put the Main Wing on the front-end mounting hub and tighten the two M6*24 bolts clockwise with the 4mm Hexagon Wrench.
4. Flip over the EPP Board and proceed to the next step.
5. Installing the PowerFlight Cell: Position the battery compartment upward and reset both Rotary Locks. Then insert the PowerFlight Cell into the battery compartment. Turn both Rotary Locks 180-degree to securely lock the battery in place.
6. Connect the controller (follow the pairing process)
Please check the spinning of the propeller by your hand when
the whole product is TURNED OFF, and see if the spinning is smooth and in good order, or whether there is anything stuck there.
Then check the speed setting mode of your remote. Press the "+" and the "-" buttons to enter the Menu screen. Use "+" and "-" to scroll up and down, and the power button to confirm. Enter the "Mode" setting and see if the limited speed mode is on. Change the setting as you want.
If the problem is still not solved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
Regularly check the waterproof components (such as the controller, the battery, and the mast head) for damage and the status of each module of the power system and control system.
1.After using the product, turn off the remote/controller and battery.
2. To clean the Power Assembly & Wing Set, align the water inlet of the motor mount with a freshwater pipe, and clean the motor mount for approx. 30 seconds to ensure that the motor mount is clean and free of debris. Next, clean the motor shroud, propeller, and propeller guard. Afterward, clean the mast plug. Make sure to remove any salt, sand, or other debris that is found. Finally, clean the mast.
3. Clean the board, battery mounting position, and the mast mounting base and other parts with fresh water to ensure that
there is no salt, sand, or other debris remaining. Wipe with a dry towel and let it sit in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
4. Clean the battery, battery integrated ports, and buttons with fresh water. Use a dry
towel and let it stand in a dry environment to remove the remaining water.
5. Clean the remote control. Pay special attention to the location of the remote control trigger. If you find that there is a jam when pulling the trigger, check whether there is any sand in the trigger. If so, rinse the sand out with clean water.
6. After cleaning, wait for the moisture of all parts to dry before putting the parts back into the package.
7. When storing this product,
avoid direct sunlight. Ultraviolet rays and high temperatures will cause permanent damage to the product.
8. To ensure safety, make sure to turn off the remote control and battery when transporting this product.
1. This product uses magnetic charging to reduce friction between terminals.
2. When the charging cable connector is closed to the charging port of the remote/controller, the
charging connector automatically connects in order to charge. The charging time is 3 hours.
Step1: Press ‘+’ and ‘-’ at the same time; Enter Menu Surface (Power button- confirm; ‘+’
& ’-’ scroll up and down)
Step2: Confirm ‘Mode’ option
Step3: Confirm ‘Speed Limit’ option
Step4: Press ‘+’ or ‘-’ to switch the SL mode to ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’; then confirm.
Step5: Choose ‘return’ option; then confirm, until you quit the Menu surface. ‘K’ on the screen means the speed limit mode is ON. Use the same method to go back to Settings; turn the SL mode ON or OFF
check video here:
“Err.1” = Angle sensor initialization failed.
“Err.2” =SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 3” = Angle sensor and SPI Flash initialization failed.
“Err. 4” = GPS failed.
“Err. 7” = Angle sensor initialization, SPI Flash initialization, and GPS failed.
Immediately release the trigger of the remote control to stop the motor, turn off the remote control, lay on the board, and paddle back to land using your hands.
Turn on the remote control and check whether the Bluetooth icon is flashing. If it is flashing, restart the battery and pair again using Bluetooth. If the problem is still not resolved, please stop using and contact after-sales service in time.
If your remote is not paired to the board/battery, showing
"NA" is normal. They have not connected therefore there is no speed readout. If your remote is paired but showing "NA" (no speed readout). It's because the GPS signal is weak at the current spot, it may resume if you move to a spot with a better signal.
1. Unplug all the connectors and remove any debris from the charging ports, especially the battery.
2. Make sure the power supply is sufficient. Try with another power supply if necessary.
3. Firmly plug the charging cable into the battery and then
place the battery facing upwards on the ground (so the weight of the battery
will be put on the plug to keep it from getting loose).
4. Make sure all the connections are tight (the indicator light
of the fast charger must be steady blue).
5. Short-press the Bluetooth
button to activate the charging mode. (the indicator light of fast charger: blinking blue to blinking green)
6. Don't charge the battery right after use. (Always charge it when the battery has cooled down to avoid overheating).
Solid Blue - Standby Mode
Blinking Blue - Connecting Mode
Blinking Green - Charging Mode
Solid Green - Fully Charged
Red - Protection Mode
Please check the magnet. There is a small magnet located under where the battery is positioned. This magnet activates the on/off switch inside the battery case when the battery is placed. On a small number of boards, the aluminum fitting was not flushed with the foam, creating a gap. This results in intermittent power loss while using the board.
Please follow these steps:
Step1: Peel back the top left portion of the sticker in the battery compartment
Step2: Pry up the magnet
Step3: Place a shim under the magnet
Step4: Re-adhere the sticker
Check if the temperature of the battery is too high. If the temperature is too high, stop using it and wait for the battery to cool down before continuing to use it. Check whether the battery level is too low. If the battery is too low, charge immediately. If the problem is still not solved, please stop using this battery and contact after-sales service in time.
First of all, check whether the fault indicator of the battery is on. If it is, please stop using this battery and contact the after-sales service to repair or replace the battery.
Next, check whether the charger indicator is flashing red. If the charger is in good condition, check whether the AC plug of the charger and the integrated battery port are properly connected. Tighten if they are loose.
If the connection is normal, turn the charger over. Make sure the rocker switch of the electrical appliance is in the ON position and then the battery should be able to charge normally.
This indicates a potential short-circuit malfunction inside the battery. Please do not assemble this battery on the board anymore.
1. Keep the battery dry and clean. Store the battery in a place that is cool, dry, not crowded, and out of direct sunlight. Store the battery in 10 to 30 degrees Celcius or 50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For long-time storage (over 3 months), please keep the battery level at around 40%-60% (2 -3 blue indicator
lights). (not full or flat)
3. Charge once every 3 months and store it again when the battery level reaches about 50%. This will help extend the life of your battery. Never run the battery until it's completely flat, and always be alert when/if the battery alarm comes on.